Hello friends! Thank you for checking out this blog post that outlines my latest policies regarding COVID-19.
With the continuing reality of COVID-19, I, as well as many other business owners, have had to re-examine our policies surrounding cancellations and postponements. It has become common for potential clients to ask if we/I offer any flexibility if a wedding needs to be cancelled or rescheduled due to a COVID-19 issue and unfortunately at this point because COVID-19 is a known issue at the time of booking I can no longer offer that flexibility (unless an event cannot legally occur due to state, local, or federal regulations). However, in order to reduce the risk of COVID-19 impacting my clients’ weddings I am putting into place the following policy:
- As of 09.20.21 all new clients over the age of 12 will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 (unless they have a medical condition that prevents them from being vaccinated)
- Proof of vaccine will be required with the submission of a signed contract and retainer fee
I realize this can be cause for confusion and frustration so I am addressing some frequently asked questions below.
- Why are you requiring vaccines?
- To protect my business: If I contract COVID from a wedding and have to quarantine I cannot work and must hire and pay for associate photographers to work in my place. Also, being vaccinated is the best way to prevent postponements and cancellations because clients contracted COVID or had exposure in two weeks leading up to their weddings.
- To protect my family and loved ones. I have a young child who is not old enough to be vaccinated, therefore it is extra important that I remain healthy.
- To best serve ALL my clients. If I contract COVID from a wedding and have to quarantine that could potentially mean missing the wedding of another client and compromising their experience, which isn’t fair to anyone!
- What about the rest of our guests?
- While it’s not realistic for me to require and verify vaccination for all guests at a wedding, it is realistic to do so for my direct clients, whom I interact with the most during a wedding day anyway.
- This also addresses one of the key objectives which is to prevent infections BEFORE weddings that could lead to cancellations and postponements
- Can we ask for your proof of vaccine?
- Absolutely! I am happy to provide proof of vaccine upon request! I am also requiring all second shooters, assistants, and associate photographers who work with me to be fully vaccinated.
As always, thank you for your continued support! I look forward to working with you!